Saturday, May 1, 2010

Update...

Sorry I haven't updated my blog in a while. It has been so hectic for us lately. I started a new job about a month and a half ago at the Marriott (working in the breakfast area) and started a full load of classes two weeks ago. Joe is still working full time at Applebee's, so needless to say we are pretty busy. But I must say that we are pretty blessed. Finding a job for me has helped us so much in the financial area. We are now debt free! Hallelujah! :) And we are now saving up for a second car and have extra to put into savings, which is the best feeling in the world.

Even though I am exhausted both mentally and physically all the time, it's worth it. I feel bad that I hardly ever get to see Joe and that all the house hold chores have fallen into his lap. But my schedule keeps me going until I crash into bed at night. In a typical week this is my schedule: Mondays and Wednesdays I have classes back to back from 10-5. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have work from 5 AM-1 and class from 6 PM-9. And on Friday's I have work from 5 AM-12 and classes from 12:30-3. And in between all that I am doing homework and trying to keep some kind of order in our messy apartment. But Joe has been the most wonderful husband. In between his work schedule he picks up the house where ever he can and makes most of the meals now. But he never complains. He just supports me through my hectic week, even when he's just as busy and tired as me, and ignores me when I'm being grumpy and holds me when I have a mental break down. He is so wonderful! Sorry that I am getting all mushy about how amazing he is again, but I truly think that he is the most amazing and loving person. I couldn't have found anybody more perfect for me!

So other than work and school, we are happy and content. We have been married for almost 7 months now and still love it! :) Or as a girl in my class put it, "Oh, so you guys are still in that, 'everything is perfect and blissful stage!' Awww!" Haha I guess that's one way to put it! Married life is better than what most people tell you. I love knowing that I always have support and someone who loves me.

And just in case any of you were wondering, last week I went to get tested for insulin resistance and I just got the results back yesterday. My sister Savannah was diagnosed with it and said that it would be a good idea for me to get tested because I had all the same symptoms she did. I was tired all the time no matter how much sleep I got and I was gaining weight steadily (not coo!). It didn't matter if I exercised or ate right, I still gained the weight. Plus Savannah told me that if I did have it and didn't take care of it I could be at risk for diabetes, I could have a hard time conceiving, or get gestational diabetes. I don't know about you, but I didn't want any of those. So the test came back with the result that I have moderate insulin resistance. This means that my blood sugar spikes up when I have a lot of sugar and goes right back down, which is what should happen, but when it goes back down it is still above the normal range. So I was prescribed a medication to help with the fatigue and weight gain, and it will help control my blood sugar. I started it today and have felt better already. I still have to eat right and exercise regularly but I can now effectively prevent any diabetes coming my way. :)

And my friend Lindsey had her baby boy, Talmage Grant, about two weeks ago! I was so excited for her and Jonathan! They are amazing parents already and he is an adorable baby. Joe and I went to go visit them in the hospital the day that Talmage was born and it was the most wonderful feeling getting to hold something so brand new from our Heavenly Father. He was perfect and beautiful and I didn't want to give him back to his mother. :) He reminded me of when my little niece, Allie, was born. She was so tiny and fragile but now (only 8 months later) she is so long, and has strawberry blonde, fluffy hair, and a smile that just makes you melt. Not to mention she is full of energy and already has a personality of her own. I love that baby to death! She looks so much like her daddy but when she smiles looks just like her mom! It's amazing how fast they grow up and I wonder what Talmage is going to be like. Either he will be quite and laid back like his dad or full of spunk like his mom. So far he just sleeps a lot so I guess we will have to wait and see! :)

Well I have some homework I need to finish before Joe gets home. Hopefully I will be back to blog soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment