It feels so good to actually look forward to Valentines day! This is the first year that I have actually had a "valentine". But as Joe constantly reminds me, I would have a had a valentine last year if I hadn't screwed up! Last year we had just met at the end of January and I was totally opposed to dating anyone. But he was persistent and somehow convinced me to watch a movie with him on Valentines Day but I thought that we would just being watching a movie at his apartment. And at this point I knew he liked me ALOT and I didn't want to encourage the dating scene so I invited a friend to come along. Oops! We didn't watch a movie at his place but went over to the cheap seats, which he paid for. I felt so bad especially when he told me how crushed he had been, after we started dating...but in all fairness he never said it was a date! :) So anyways we have now been together for a whole year and it has just flown by! And this year we got a date alone! :)
Because Joe has had to work all week he wanted to celebrate it a little early. On Monday he surprised me with red roses in a vase (he knew I didn't have a vase still), a little pink teddy bear ("for decoration!"), and chocolate. It was by far the cutest thing he has ever done for me! He was so excited about it he could hardly stand still and was just grinning from ear to ear. He had even been diligent enough to save money for a nice dinner. So we went out to Olive Garden and it was so nice to have a date together! I feel like we hardly see each other, especially now that he works over 40 hours a week. But I am grateful that he provides so well for us! He never complains about having to work and even when he comes home super tired, he takes the time to be with me and take care of any of my needs. He just amazes me! He knows exactly what I need...if it's just a hug, a kiss, a compliment, or a little cuddling time, he somehow knows. I love him so much! So all in all our Valentines date was wonderful! After dinner we rented Julie and Julia and snacked on some candy until bed time. It was the perfect Valentines date!
Other than our date night, we have been pretty busy this week. I have been getting ready for a baby shower that I am throwing for my friend Lindsey on Saturday! And I thought that I would try to save a little money and make her a gift so I am painting some pictures for the nursery! I took back some of the flowers from my wedding to pay for the frames and am so excited cuz the paintings are going to look amazing in the cherry wood color I picked out! I also found out this week that I am being considered for a job at the Marriott as a breakfast worker! It's only two days a week but something is better than nothing right?
And yesterday all the girls in my family had a girls day out. It was fun to have all three of us and Allie and mom together for a day. We had lunch at Olive Garden and got their endless soup and salad! Yum!! And then we went shopping for baby clothes cuz Allie is getting so long that none of her pjs fit. And we were supposed to go see New Moon but we got the times for the theatre all wrong...instead we stayed home and watched The Time Traveler's Wife, my favorite movie of all time.
I hope that everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day tomorrow!
Happy Valentines Day!!!
xoxoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment