Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just Catching Up

So much has happened that I don't even know where to begin!!! Well for starters, it's a new year...2010! Wow! That's a little crazy to believe. And I am now officially 21 as of January 4th! WAHOO! Haha at first I wasn't all that excited about it. But my amazing husband made sure that it was a day I would never forget.

He cleared his work schedule and gave me his undivided attention, which resulted in me being extremely spoiled! (But I loved it!!!!) He got up a little earlier than me and made me a breakfast with hash browns and scrabbled eggs, just the way I like it! After that we got ready for the day and went out to run some errands, like pay rent and return some items at Wal-Mart. He took me out to get dollar hamburgers for lunch and afterward cuddled with me on the couch for as long as I wanted. Which ended up not being very long cuz then I wanted to check the mail for some packages and was so happy to see that they had finally arrived! Both my present from Christmas and my wedding photos made it in the mail and we sat back and looked at all our photos, just chatting about our wedding day! I was going to post a few of the pictures on here but for some reason it won't let me, but all the pictures are on facebook if you want to take a look. :)

After that we met Savannah and Stan over at Applebee's for my birthday dinner which was paid for by my amazing mother-in-law! She sent me money for dinner with the condition that I get a drink for my birthday so I got a virgin strawberry daiquiri with cool whip on top! And my sweet little brother Adam bought both me and Joe tickets to go see Blind Side, which was AMAZING! Definitely a keeper!!!! So all in all I was SPOILED! But what else is new?! :) It was an amazing birthday and I felt so loved! I was getting phone calls and texts none stop, along with facebook messages! :) And Joe finally realized just how much I LOVE my birthday cuz every few minutes I would tell him, "It's my birthday!" He got a kick out of that! :) But I loved spending the whole day with him. We didn't have a care in the world and it was nice to have a day together without any work or stress! And even though Joe was a little upset that we didn't have money for him to get me a present, I felt that just having him all to myself for a day was good enough! He made sure that I had a good day and I love him so much for it!

We have been so blessed to have family that care about us and love us so much! For Christmas we had no money for any gifts. We had just moved into our new apartment and had like $3 in our account. But Joe's dad sent us his Christmas bonus, which ended up as a $100 gift card to Wal-Mart. And his mom also sent us $50 a piece to spend on gifts for each other! So we went out on a huge shopping spree on Christmas Eve. Got a ton of great presents and spent Christmas day with my mom at her home. Before Christmas Joe surprised me with four new movies that he bought for a great deal and I surprised him with the electronic monopoly, which I paid for with the $50 that my dad sent and he didn't know about! So all in all it was a great first Christmas together! Our friends Lindsey and Jonathan also got us a present which was a kitchen in a box. It was really cool! Had everything that you could ever need in a kitchen all in one box! We were so spoiled!

And as for new years we just stayed up until midnight, kissed and then went to bed! Haha we were too tired to party that night! But we have been having so much fun together and it's been great! We love our new apartment and the new ward. Everything has just been falling into place for us and we couldn't be any happier! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment