I have to say that I LOVE the Christmas season!
I love all the christmas lights, the christmas music, the beautiful decorations, and family/friend togetherness! This past weekend we had a Christmas party with my family, at a cabin that we all pitched in to rent. It was so FUN! We had originally planned to do some sledding and snowman making but sadly enough it didn't snow...so that was a bummer. But everything else was super fun. There was no t.v. up there, so we all brought a ton of games and Savannah brought her ipod, and we played games and listened to Christmas music the entire time! I don't think that anything could of been more relaxing! :)
Other than that we had lots of yummy food, provided by mom, and had a chance to do FHE with the whole family. That was fun, especially since Kayleen had planned a lesson that my mom used to teach us when we were little. It was a fun memory and we all laughed at how cheesy it was the whole time! We also opened our Christmas gifts while we were up there. The deal was that this year we would only buy one gift and draw a name and spend $40 on that person. All the presents were great and I'm pretty sure that everyone was happy! Mom also kept up the tradition that she started when we were really little. Each year she buys a Hallmark ornament and I was happy to find that she could still afford it! I loved mine! It's a little flower fairy and she is the fifth in a set that I have. Joe got the Muppet Chef from the The Muppet Movie and it is pretty funny...it's the chef cooking a "damsel in distress" lobster and two lobsters holding up the chef with guns. It's pretty funny especially when you press the button on the side cuz he talks!
Anyways, we all had a great time. I loved getting to see my niece too! Allie is so cute and getting so big! And I swear I'm her favorite Aunt cuz she laughs at me even if I just LOOK at her! It's cute and I'm the only one who can play peek-a-boo with her. She won't laugh at anyone else! hehe I did everything I could to make her smile because that little squirt just melts my heart! She's just adorable and looks just like her mama! And I wish that I had pictures of her or pictures of that whole weekend for that matter but when I brought my camera it was out of batteries. :( So I don't have any pictures but trust me...she is the most beautiful baby EVER!! :)
We spent most of the day Friday, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning up there. It was fun and we all hope to be able to do it again next year! But after all that fun it was time to come back to reality and head back to work and school. Work for me has been a little bit more stressful than usual, just because of the Christmas rush and because they chose to start a brand new system yesterday! Ugh! It was a little hectic cuz none of us knew how to use it and the phones were ringing off the hooks for hair appointments! But we got through it and it makes a little more sense now that we have been using it for two days. Just don't get my wrong I love my job...sometimes. I just have to remind myself about all the good things! It has some great perks especially since it's only a school and that makes it cheap but with my discount I get things even cheaper! Hair cuts for me are FREE! I get facials, manicures, pedicures, scalp treatments, and pretty much everything for $3! And a color is only $6! Yes!!!! Not to mention the 40% discount for all the Paul Mitchell products! Sometimes I just love The Paul Mitchell Hair Academy! And with me being a receptionist I get more benefits than the students do! Yay! Go me! Even with all the drama that goes on there, the perks make up for it! My job does have it's moments but then again...who's doesn't?! :)
Joe is still working at Applebee's as a cook and he's liking it ok. It's not the best but better than nothing! :) We are very thankful for both our jobs. But even more thankful for our wonderful families and friends! Tonight we had our good friends Lindsey and Jonathan over for cinnamon rolls and games. It was really good to see them again! Lindsey has a cute little pregnant belly now! (which btw I am very jealous of!) They are having a boy and we are very excited for them! Joe and I made cinnamon rolls (they turned out so good!) and Linz and Jonathan brought Settlers of Catan over. I am usually not that competitive when it comes to games, but for some reason whenever we all play a game, I get so competitive!!! I don't know why, I just do! Anyways, Jonathan won the game first and then he decided to extend the point count from ten to twelve and I was one point from winning when he beat us all AGAIN! Oh well! It was a great game!
And so that concludes the fun for us this week! We are moving in exactly one week and finals are coming up...so we have a lot of work ahead of us! Good night!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment