Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Moving!

We're moving!!! Yay! I am SO excited! For a while I was really worried that it wouldn't work out...just because we had found this great apartment and it was such a good deal, I was worried someone else would snatch it up. But thank goodness it all worked out just right!

At the beginning of the week the whole apartment/moving thing was just a mess. We had made all the arrangements to buy this one lady's apartment contract but we still had our other apartment. So we posted our apartment on the universities bulletin board and crossed our fingers that someone would take it. We waited all week for a phone call and then finally last night we made an appointment with a couple to come view the apartment and then all day today we kept getting phone calls! And then of course it all has to happen when the house is a wreck! So I cleaned all last night and all day today (and in the middle of all the cleaning I had work from 10-5!) and I was just finishing up when we got another phone call. The guy said he was living in Utah and needed an apartment in January and we had the best deal. He said that he didn't need to view the apartment and wanted the manager's phone number so that he could get a contract. Well at this point we already had two people fighting to get their contracts in but he beat them all! He had her fax the contract to him and ten minutes later he had it faxed back to her and the apartment was his! And it got even better when we told him we were moving on the 15th. He said he would pay half the rent for december so we had no reason to worry! Yay!

Well this all happened before our first appointment to view the apartment had even arrived. Needless to say they weren't too happy that they didn't even get a chance for it. But I guess it's only fair since it's all based on a first come first served bases. I'm just glad that it all worked out! And I'm even happier right now cuz I am sitting in a very clean apartment and it feels great! Yay for clean apartments! Now all the finalizing happens tomorrow. Tomorrow we are going over to rent master to sign our contract! We already paid the deposit, so all that needs to be done after we sign is the packing and moving! Moving is my least favorite thing to do but I'm so excited that I don't really care! haha And I think the best thing is that the other apartment owner needed to move earlier than the 19th and moved it up to the 15th, which isn't so close to Christmas! I'm hoping to have the whole apartment set up by Christmas Eve, cuz I really want to enjoy the holidays with my hubby!

I love Joe so much and am so excited to spend our first Christmas together! I mean it's not going to be a big Christmas by any means, but it's going to be a good one cuz this time I have my wonderful husband. I don't know where I would be without him...he really is amazing and the light of my life! Sorry I'm usually not so mushy when talking about him but sometimes it can't be helped! :) And what makes me even more excited about Christmas is that my birthday is right after and that is my FAVORITE day of the whole year! I know this sounds selfish but it's the one day of the year where it's all about ME!!!!! haha (and Joe said he might have a surprise for me!!!!) Yay! I love surprises!

I'm SO exhausted now! I think that I'll go curl up in bed with Joe. :)
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. If there's anything you use in excess, Bree, it's exclatmation points! It sounds like you've been all kinds of busy--I'm so glad that things worked out with the apartments. I seriously have like anxiety attacks when it comes to housing arrangments--but it sounds like your new apartment is going to be great. I'll come help you unpack so that you can have a great Christmas, if you want--on the condition that you return the favor when I move in April! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that the apartment situation worked out well for you guys! We'll have to get together after the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to be able to read your blog and catch up on what is going on in your life. Granddad & I just got back from our trip East for Justin's wedding. It was perfect! We also got to spend Thanksgiving with my brother and his family. We had a great time. Granddad's 84th BD is Saturday. We are having a celebration at your Aunt Lisa's. Uncle Jon & Aunt Louise will be there too along with many of your cousins. So glad to hear you two are sooooo HAPPY.

    ReplyDelete