Monday, May 31, 2010

Facts of Life

I'm supposed to be writing an english paper right now but I've been working on it for four hours now and it's time for a break. So here is just a list of a few facts I have learned in the last week or so:

- Long weekends = LOTS of homework. I guess teachers feel the need to make up for the lost time or something, but let's just say that the weekend is over and I still have half my homework to complete. Yipee...NOT!
- If you were allergic to getting your ears pierced the first time, then you will probably still be allergic when you try it the second time. :( it hurts and it's quite sad.
- More often than not when you are waiting for something really important to arrive, it's going to take twice as long for it to get to you than you first anticipated, so plan accordingly.
- The dishes don't clean themselves and the laundry can't magically jump in the washer and dryer and come out perfectly folded. (you have to do it yourself or bribe your husband, other wise it never gets done) :)
- Everyone in this town is either engaged or prego. And if they aren't either of those then they are constantly complaining that their life sucks. Chill, it will happen soon enough.
- 7 more weeks of school!
- And last but not least, I love my husband and I don't know what I would do without him!

And just so I can share the exciting news Joe is applying for a job up on campus and I am really hoping that he gets it! It's a cook position at the new cafeteria called Crossroads and because it is working with the church it has amazing benefits! This job would ensure 40 hours a week, 9-5 Monday through Friday. It includes health insurance that is only $50 a month and an awesome phone plan. Not only that but it also pays $11.25 an hour, starting pay! And they give 6 credits free every semester! Free tuition! Holy Cow! Answer to our prayers? I think so!!! I really hope he gets the job cuz if he doesn't I think he will be pretty crushed... :( He is so tired of working at Applebee's but I keep reminding him that at least he has a job. So we are keeping our fingers crossed and our knees bent! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment