Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Name and a Blessing

We blessed Peyton last Sunday, October 13th. She looked so beautiful in her blessing dress. 


I love the history behind that dress. A lot of people know that my two sisters and I all wore the same wedding dress. But what is even cooler than that is all three of us girls wore the same blessing dress, the same baptism dress, and the same wedding dress. My mom has kept all three of those dresses in hopes that they would one day be used again. So far we have only handed down the blessing dress since the oldest grandkid is only 4 years old. Besides us three girls, Allie (my niece) and my two girls, Claire and Peyton, have all worn that blessing dress. It's been worn 6 times and we hope to add even more to that count. Even though it's starting to fade from white to cream and there are a few snags here and there in the fabric, it's still so beautiful to me. 


Peyton was blessed by her father. It was a beautiful blessing and it brought me so much joy to hear my husband's voice fill with emotion as he held her tiny form in his arms and gave her a name and a blessing. As with Claire's blessing, I felt a sudden thrill when he pronounced her name. It's amazing to me that something as simple as a name can be so important. 


We felt so blessed to have our family there to show their love and help us celebrate the birth of our little Peyton. I felt that her blessing was a welcome distraction for the whole family from the troubles my mother has been suffering through. We as a family, have been through a lot this year, but my poor mother has suffered the most. Having her there was so important to me and thankfully she was feeling well enough to attend. After the blessing, I let her hold Peyton for the rest of Sacrament meeting. She seemed so happy and content, holding her newest grand baby. For a few minutes, she seemed almost back to her normal, healthy self. There have been many times that I have questioned why it was so important for us to have a second child so soon. It's little moments like this that I find my answer. Peyton brings such a sweet and comforting spirit into our home and family. I feel that she was meant to come to bring our family a little peace and happiness.



Nothing quite like Sister Love!
Claire loves her sister...sometimes a little too much! :)



Such a little angel! We love you Peyton Elizabeth! I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for blessing me with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment