Friday, June 29, 2012

Claire Bear is ONE!!!


Our baby girl turned ONE on June 15th! 
I still can't believe I have a ONE year old already!

The Birthday Girl!!
We had a blast celebrating her birthday. I have been looking forward to her birthday for months! I love birthdays and birthday parties and I wanted her first birthday to be perfect. Joe said I was being ridicules because she would never remember her first birthday. That may be true but I wanted to remember her first birthday, so I went all out!

It was so fun being crafty for once. I'm the kind of person who would rather buy the craft already finished because I have absolutely no faith that I could actually make something cute. But I surprised myself with these decorations. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I did a pretty darn good job!

Happy Birthday!
I made it double sided. I loved how festive the banner looked.
Close up.
I also made little minitare banners out of scraps and hung some tissue pom poms to finish the look.



The party theme was "Claire Bear". My mom had an old cake pan shaped like a bear that she had saved from Savannah's first birthday. I was so excited about making this cake for her. I had to bake it twice because the first one didn't have enough batter so it didn't have legs or a butt!


But the second time it turned out perfect! 


I was really nervous about icing the bear since I have NO experience what so ever with baking or using frosting. (again I never believe that I can actually do it) But it turned out pretty cute! The messed up bear ended up being a blessing. I was able to practice my icing skills on it and it ended up being Claire's cake to dig into! 


I decorated and cleaned the house the day before so on her actual birthday I was able to spend the day with my sweet Claire Bear. We made all her favorite food. She is a huge bacon fan, so for breakfast I made her pancakes and bacon and she loved it!


Joe's mom bought her birthday outfit and she looked absolutely adorable in it!


My sweet girl, waiting for everyone to arrive!
We had planned a small family party. So Savannah, Stan, and Sammy came along with my Mom and Adam. It was fun to have everyone together for the day! We made hamburgers, fries, and salads. Savannah brought lemon bars (which were AMAZING!) and the best watermelon I have had in a long time! 

Claire and Sammy got pretty bored waiting for dinner so we let them open Grandma's present.



She is a pro at opening presents! I didn't even have to help her get it started!
She loves her new dollhouse!
I got a screw driver out to put the batteries in and Sammy came right on over to help me.
 He is ALL boy!
He knew exactly what to do with that screw driver!

Once dinner was over it was time to open presents. She was super spoiled!




Stroller from Mom and Dad.

Blocks from Mom and Dad.

She got a farm from Grandma Meloney.
We were able to Skype her while Claire opened it.

Train from Aunt Kay and Uncle Rex.



She LOVES this stroller! As soon as it was put together she started strutting around the apartment with it. She stuffs all her toys and blanky into it now, it's quite funny! :)


(She also got a book from Aunt Sasa. Savannah wrote it and added pictures, it's called, "Crazy Hair Claire!" Super cute book! It hasn't come in the mail yet but when it does I'll post it on here.)


Claire discovered the cakes when she was playing and kept gabbering and pointing at them, so we decided it was cake time! 


 Singing Happy Birthday!

 She wouldn't blow out the candle, so Daddy helped her out a little. :)

 I thought she would dig right into it but she didn't seem to like the icing on her fingers.

Daddy pushed her hand into to help her get started and she tried to shake it off.

When she couldn't get it off she decided to have Daddy eat it instead.

She tried a little bit of it but didn't really like it.

She kind of got the hang of it but didn't really like the mess being on her hands. 
Poor bear didn't have a face when she was finished.


I think all in all she had a great birthday! She was happy and acted like she knew it was her day. It was fun to watch her play with her new toys and smile from all the attention. Definitely a fun day for all of us!


Uncle Stan helping them set up the train tracks.


 They were having so much fun!

Didn't occur to me that I might want a picture with her until it was almost bath time, 
but one picture is better than no picture, right?


Happy Birthday Claire Bear! 
We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment