It's hard to believe that this little baby...
...is now this little toddler!
My sweet, darling little girl is no longer considered a "baby".
That realization makes me so sad and yet at the same time I'm excited to see the little person that she is going to be! She has grown and learned so much in such a short amount of time. I am so in love with my growing baby and am so happy that she decided to join our family.
This year has been one of the most challenging years for us as new parents, yet one of the most rewarding! I am so thankful that Heavenly Father entrusted us with such a happy little girl!
Of course, just as usual, there are many new things about Claire since my last update...
At her doctor's appointment this month she weighed in at 21.4 pounds (56%)
and is 30.75 inches tall (93%).
She wears size 18 month to 2T clothes on account that she's so long! She also wears size four diapers.
We have officially weaned her off the bottle! I thought there was going to be a bit of a struggle but it was surprisingly easy. I have been slowly switching her over to lactate milk by mixing it with her formula. Once I switched her completely over to milk I just put it in a sippy cup and she drank it like it was a bottle! Yes! Success!!! I do not miss washing bottles at all! (Oh, and if anyone knows anyone who needs formula...I have 9 cans of Similac Sensitive that are left over from Claire. They are free so let me know if you want them!)
She is still really close to walking. She loves her new walker and is a pro at cruising along our furniture.
We just recently switched her into a big girl carseat. She LOVES it! It's one of those convertible carseats so it can sit forward or rear-facing. We tried to put it rear-facing but our backseat is too small for the carseat to fit like that, so forward facing it is!
She has eight teeth! And I think she will be getting her eye teeth soon.
Some of her new favorite foods: any kind of meat (seriously our daughter is a carnivore!), peas (I have never seen anyone love peas as much as Claire), crackers, twizzlers, popsicles, loaded sweet potatoes, toast, oreos, and apple slices.
Her favorite movie is still Tangled. I have the entire movie memorized. Just sayin'.
She loves story time but hates being rocked to sleep now.
She is really good at picking up the smallest pieces of paper or food off the floor and eating it. I am constantly pulling things out of her mouth.
She points at stuff and will say "dat!" So far she doesn't say much other than "mama" and "da"(which used to be "dada") and then a whole bunch of gibberish.
When she eats she makes this "num num num" noise. So funny!
She is really good at feeding herself and loves to feed other people too. Although she still loves to tease you with it.
She knows the word nose. She can't do it on herself but loves doing it to her stuffed animals.
She is a stair climber! We were over at my moms house the other day and I turned my back for two minutes and she was gone. So I started calling her name and turned the corner only to find her at the top of the stairs smiling and clapping for herself! Smart baby!
She has also learned how to climb up the little slide in our backyard too! She climbs to the top, turns around, slides down all by herself, and then does it all over again!
She loves to play in water, whether it be in the bath, in her little pool, or even the toilet! Yuck! I forgot to close the bathroom door and found her scooping out water with her tea cup. That was a fun day.
One of her favorite things to do is open/close doors. But she gets really upset if she closes the door all the way and gets trapped in a bedroom.
Cabinets and drawers have also been found. Messes like this sandwich bag mishap are a common occurrence at our house.
She loves to wrestle with us on the bed. If you ever set her down on our bed she instantly starts squealing and rolling around as if to say, "Come get me! Let's play!"
If you try to play chase with her she will start to crawl towards you while giggling really hard. She hasn't quite gotten the concept that she's supposed to run away! :)
Her favorite toy is her stroller. She puts everything she loves in there. (blanket, paci, favorite toy of the day) If you press the little song button on it, she will come crawling as fast as she can!
She's just like me in the fact that when she laughs really hard she gets the hiccups! And it's really, really hard for her to get rid of them.
We just LOVE this little one year old girl!
| Claire Marie- June 15, 2012 |
No comments:
Post a Comment