Sunday, January 15, 2012

7 Months!!!

I can't believe that our little Claire Bear is another month older! She is growing up so fast and getting so big! There are so many new things about her I don't even know where to start!


First off...
She has become quite the little eater! She loves carrots, sweet potatoes, and pears! And LOVES her juice and water!


She is now in size three diapers.

She has FINALLY learned how to sit up all by herself!


She still only has two teeth but we are hoping that her top two come in soon! This whole teething thing isn't fun for any of us!

She loves to play by herself and will keep herself entertained for at least an hour. (As long as she doesn't fall over. :))


She has been saying "Dada dada" for a while now but now she says it when she sees her daddy! The smart little stink! I keep trying to teach her to say, "Mama" but she just smiles and says, "Dada!"

She is such a crazy sleeper and has so much hair that she wakes up with the craziest bed head ever! Another reason why we sometimes call her Crazy Hair Claire!


She has started rolling and scooting towards things that she wants but still gets stuck on her tummy. I know that she knows how to roll back over but for some reason she refuses to do it!


Claire has recently discovered that she loves the movies Baby Signing Time. She gets very excited whenever a baby comes on!

She has become very social this month. She will babble and squeal at anyone who looks her way. At church she will even reach towards people she doesn't even know and smile and talk to them all through class. Even if she has her paci in her mouth, she will gabber away but it sounds super funny! She especially loves talking to babies! We were in the grocery store a little while ago and there was a little girl in the cart next to us and Claire started squealing and babbling towards her. It made us laugh when the little girl responded back with her own little baby talk. She is certainly going to be our little social butterfly when she gets older!

She has learned where the buttons are on all of her noisy toys and will press them over and over! Haha guess that's kind of our fault since we bought her the toys. :)

She loves it when daddy gets down and "wrestles" with her, which is pretty much tickling her until she gets the hiccups! Haha I love hearing those little giggles!


She loves to study and stare at things. She does this the most with her jumperoo. She puts her face really close to the light up buttons and will stare at them until they turn off. When she finds a new toy she will hold it really carefully in her hands and turn it slowly to look at it on all sides and she gets this really concentrated look on her face. It's pretty cute!


I have also learned that she is afraid of the vacuum! I had her hanging out in her crib once while I vacuumed her room and she started bawling her little eyes out! I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I turned the vacuum on again and she jumped! But as long as she can see it, she does ok with it.

She has three favorite books that she likes read to her before bedtime: Tumble Bumble, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and I Want To Be a Ballerina.

She loves to have her face tickled with the silky end of her blanky when she is tired or upset.

She loves bath time! We bought her a floating tea set for Christmas and she loves it when you pour water on her tummy from the teapot. Haha she gets this funny grin on her face and will try to grab the water in her hand.

And she has recently started giving hugs and kisses!!! Oh my goodness it's the sweetest thing! She won't do it all the time but sometimes if you ask her for a hug she will lay her head down on your shoulder and give you a little pat on your back! And if you kiss her on the mouth or cheek she will return it with a really wide-mouthed, slobbery kiss! Love her!

If you can't tell I just love this little girl to pieces! She is such a happy and sweet baby! Every day with her is an adventure and I love that I get to stay at home with her! Joe and I just love being her parents!





No comments:

Post a Comment