Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Changes

I have finally gotten Claire to take naps by herself during the day! Yay! She takes three naps a day, an hour a piece which means that I now have time to blog! (isn't she the cutest thing?!)


So lately things have been a little hectic for us and I haven't been very good at keeping everyone up to date about things. First off Joe got a promotion at work! It happened about a month ago but he is now front desk manager and he loves it! He has put so much time and effort into his new position and he does such an excellent job at what he does. And Joe also started coaching for the Madison High School football team! He coaches both JV and Varsity which means that Claire and I hardly ever see him. He has football practice everyday from 4-6 and then games on thursdays and fridays. And to add onto his already busy schedule, a new semester started so he is now gone everyday from 7-6, unless it's a game day then he doesn't come home until 10 or later. I hate not getting to see him all day but he loves coaching so much and since he really wants to someday be a football coach, this is a great opportunity for him to get references and experience. I am so proud of him though! He really works hard at everything he does and still finds the time to be with Claire and me!

Since we only have one car and Joe needs it all day, I have had a hard time finding things to keep me busy and occupied but the past couple of weeks I have been super busy getting the house into order because...we MOVED! It was a hard decision for us only because I didn't like the idea of it being a basement because I hate spiders, it's further from town and we only have one car so I would always be stuck at home, and it has no dishwasher (deal breaker for me). But the rent was an unbelievably good price so we went ahead and moved in anyways. Seriously the BEST. DECISION. EVER! We love it! As long as we spray there is hardly any bugs or spiders, I'm the only one home most the time so the dishes are no big deal, and I really don't mind staying home all the time cuz it's quieter and our space is MUCH larger. This apartment is at least (if not more) twice the size of our old apartment. It has two bedrooms, one bath, tons of closet space, a laundry room, storage room, and a very open, spacious living room/kitchen area. It's an amazing apartment to say the least! (I will post pictures of it later or anyone is more than welcome to come and visit me!)

But here is the view from my kitchen window - it is so quiet and serene out here! We have horses and llamas that hang out around our apartment. :)


It's so pretty out here that I take Claire for walks all the time. It helps to get us both out of the house and we like enjoying the weather before it starts to get cold again!



I'm not going to lie though, sometimes I get pretty bored out here all by myself. I think I have watched Gilmore Girls, Friends, and any other movie we own like a hundred times because we no longer have cable. I'm home so much that the house is almost always clean, plus I found out that keeping a larger apartment clean is A LOT easier than keeping a small apartment clean. So if anyone has suggestions for hobbies that I can do at home please let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment