Things have been pretty busy over here the past couple of weeks.
Joe has been super busy with work and school. Now that the end of the semester is coming up he has a lot of projects and tests but it will all be over in a few weeks! Yay! We also found out a couple of weeks ago that he needs a root canal. :( He was pretty sad about it but was a good sport when they completed the first half of the procedure. He gets to go in again this week and finish it but hopefully that will mean no more toothache!
We also sold the Grand Am...I was pretty sad to see it go just because it has a lot of sentimental value. It was the first thing Joe and I ever bought together as a couple. We paid $400 in cash for it and owned it for two years. We had so many fun times in that car like our honeymoon trip to Vegas, the countless trips to Utah, and the several late night drives we would take just to get out of the house. We loved that car and even nicknamed it the "Dam Grand" haha but it was getting too old and too expensive to keep running so we had to say good-bye.
Joe got a new calling too. We were released from being primary teachers and he was called to be the second counselor in the Sunday School Presidency. It's a lot of hard work but he loves it! The Bishop said I get to have a break until the baby is here so I've been able to attend Relief Society for the first time in a year and a half! I have been enjoying it but I get a little frustrated when women in the ward ask if I'm new or INACTIVE (most awkward question EVER!). It's frustrating because usually I've been in the ward longer than they have or for the past year I was teaching their child! But I guess some people don't pay that much attention. I also think it's pretty funny when I'll mention that I'm pregnant and then they ask, "Oh, you're pregnant?" It kind of surprises me every time I get asked that because it's kind of obvious at this point. But in my head I always answer, "No, no I just gain all my weight in my stomache. I'm just fat." But I can't ever be mean so I just smile and nod and let it go. I just think it would be nice to get a response like "Aw you look cute" or "That's exciting! When are you due?" Joe and I have talked about this a few times and he thinks it's hilarious, especially when I get asked that question in front of him. He knows exactly what I'm thinking and can't help but laugh. And this sort of thing doesn't just happen at church, I get it ALL the time but I just think of it as them trying to be polite and not wanting to offend me just in case I wasn't pregnant. :)
Anyways...I have now entered into the THIRD trimester! Yay! I'm so excited that I only have two and a half months left! On Friday I went in for my glucose test. I didn't think it was that horrible of a drink and I thought it was silly that all you get is a finger prick. (Some people make it sound like this terrible ordeal but it really isn't that bad.) After the test was taken I found out that I failed it. :( And to add onto that bit of news they said that Claire was measuring a month ahead of schedule. The midwife said that she was a little concerned about it but that we would wait to see in a few weeks if she returned back to normal. She then scheduled me for a second glucose test but this time I would have to fast for it and it was a three hour test. So that's what I went in for today. I felt super nauseous through the whole thing cuz I couldn't eat anything but I made it through. The test results were confusing for me. I only got to talk to a nurse and she didn't know a whole lot about it but apparently my first blood test came back really high, the second was a little above average but not by much, and the last was normal. She wasn't sure if it meant I had gestational diabetes or not because it was so borderline. She said I would only have to go on a calorie intake diet and I don't have to check my blood sugar everyday or use insulin. So my conclusion is that I'm still insulin resistant like I was before I got pregnant. But I'll know more when the dietation gives me a call this week.
I think that's all I needed to update on...sorry it's such a long post! I have had a lot on my mind lately and it feels good to get it all out! :)
They only pricked your finger for the glucose test?? They took two vials of blood with both my kids! Maybe it's just a difference between doctor's? Anyway, I hope everything continues to go well for you guys and little Claire! :) Let me know if there's anything we can do!
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm Lindsey's sister in law. I have to let you know that you do look pregnant and you are super cute! People are weird. I can't believe they would ask that question! Umm ok, now I am done stalking your blog :)
ReplyDeleteLayla, you are more than welcome to stalk my blog because I've stalked yours a couple of times as well! And thank you for the compliment, it made my day! :)
ReplyDelete