Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines Day

This year marked our third Valentines Day together! It makes me laugh when I remember that first V-day because I was trying so hard to avoid dating him. It was a time in my life when I hated boys and wanted nothing to do with them...haha. So that V-day Joe had invited me over to his place to watch a movie and I didn't want him to think that it was a date (or end up with him alone) so I invited a friend to come along. When we got to his apartment his roommates were watching a movie already so he took us to the movie theatre and was a good sport and paid for both of us. He never let on how bummed he was about the whole situation (even when my friend sat between us) but all of his persistence paid off eventually! :) We started dating shortly afterward, were engaged two months later, and now we have been married for over a year and have a baby on the way. It amazes me that he still wanted to be with me after all the times that I avoided him or did what I did to him on that first "date". It's stories like these that we just laugh about now, and let me tell you there are at least a dozen stories exactly like this one. But like I said he's always been there for me and always wanted to make me happy even when we were just friends. He never gave up on me and that's why I fell in love with him in the first place! :)

So this year since we didn't have a lot of money I decided that we would just spend a quiet evening together at home. I made a delicious dinner of chicken roll ups with mashed potatoes which is Joe's favorite dinner. And for dessert I made jello salad which is my favorite! We had some sparkling cider and cuddled on the couch while watching Catch Me If You Can because it came in the mail for Netflix. Joe surprised me with a clean car and I surprised him with a clean house! :) It was simple and perfect! My mom got us each a Valeninte too. She's the best mom ever!
I got a cute jar full of my favorite candies...
...sweetart gummies!
And Joe got a can of Cashew Roca. That is his absolute FAVORITE! She knows us pretty good!

We had an amazing Valentines Day and enjoyed getting to celebrate our love for each other! I love my husband and think that he is the BEST Valentine I could ever ask for! Hope that you all had a great Valentines Day as well!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment