I have always loved Valentines Day! I love the reds and pinks everywhere, I love that there is a day where people can show their love for each other and be cheesy about it, and I love that I have people to love and that they love me back! Usually Joe and I plan a huge date night but this year he was going to be really busy so it was pretty low key.
It was just Claire and me all day since Joe had school and mutual with the young men in the ward. I had been planning on making a nice dinner for the two of us but all of that got thrown out the window when Claire refused to take any naps, which resulted in her being extremely crabby, and eventually threw up all over the place. (This has been a new thing. When she is really tired and cranky she gets herself so upset that she throws up.) She threw up all over herself, the changing table, her blanket, fresh pajamas, and me. I had just finished bathing her too so she ended up with a second bath where she screamed and cried so loud that our upstairs neighbor called to make sure we were ok. Good grief! I was upset, she was upset, everything just felt so overwhelming. I missed my husband and felt so alone but I got her to bed and took a moment to breathe. The moment passed and everything was fine again.
But I was glad that she enjoyed the present we got her. We bought her a pink giraffe that we named Dottie. She had seen it at Wal-mart and had cried through the whole store because I couldn't buy it for her. She loves that giraffe and won't sleep without it either. She likes it when you wind it up because it plays "Rock a by Baby". So even though she can be a little stink sometimes, I still love my little Claire Bear!
My baby on her first Valentines Day!
I really hadn't planned much for Joe except the dinner so I felt horrible when he came home and there was no dinner and he had bought me flowers. But I have a pretty awesome husband, he didn't mind that dinner wasn't ready, he didn't mind that I smelled like baby throw up, he was just glad that I liked the flowers and was excited to surprise me with something. He really is the most amazing husband a girl could ask for! He is always so selfless. He puts himself last even when he's had a long day of work and school. He works so hard to provide for our little family, I love him more than anything!
And for a month I had been planning a luncheon for the day after Valentines Day for all the women that I visit teach and it turned out so great! The luncheon was at my place and my companion and I had made beef stew, salad, rolls, and sugar cookies. It turned out so yummy and it was such a great way to learn more about all of them! It was also really great because all the women I visit teach stay at home all day. All of their kids are out of the house or at school all day and two of them have social anxiety so I think they really enjoyed getting out of the house and having a little girl time! I have been pretty bored at home so I actually got a little crafty and made invites and treats for them to invite them to our luncheon. I filled jars with caramel popcorn and made invites that said,"I'm gonna 'pop' a 'corny' question...Will you be my Valentine?"
The little jars turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment