We are so excited to announce that our sweet baby is a girl!
 |
| Love her little profile! I think she looks a lot like Claire already, Joe says it's too soon to tell. :) |
We went in for my 20 week ultrasound on the 29th. Baby girl is doing great. She is right on track with all of her development and is in the 60th percentile just like Claire was.
 |
| Definitely a girl! |
 |
| Our doctor office now provides 3d ultrasounds. So amazing how far technology has come. Here you can see her little arm, leg, and side view of her little belly. Cool huh? |
 |
She looks so sweet with her arm all cuddled up next to her face. If you look closely you can make out her eyes, nose, mouth, and ear.
I was so darn excited for this day. I am definitely a planner and just wanted to know what we were having so that I could prepare for our little one's arrival. I felt like 2 pm would never come. Once they called my name in the office it was all I could do to keep still long enough for the blood pressure and weigh in routine (Apparently I was so excited that I made my blood pressure go through the roof! Ha oops! They took it again after the ultrasound was over and it was back to normal. I gave my doctor quite the scare though. :)). Once we were all situated in our exam room and the ultrasound tech arrived she asked if we would like to know the gender and I excitedly shouted a "Yes!" I may have been a little over enthusiastic. :)
But as soon as I saw our little girl's images on the screen, I immediately relaxed and just enjoyed the moment. The 20 week ultrasound is always one of my favorite moments during pregnancy. I love seeing how much they have changed from the last ultrasound. I love seeing my little baby up on a screen and getting the good news that all is well. I LOVE hearing that perfect little heart beat. I could feel that this baby was a wiggler from the beginning but seeing her move on screen was priceless. The ultrasound tech was having a hard time getting some pictures of her because she would not. stop. moving! One second we would see her face and the next we would be looking at her little bum.
It took us a few minutes to guarantee that she was a girl. At first she had her umbilical cord right between her legs but when she finally showed us her gender, there was no denying she is 100% girl. When the ultrasound tech finally let us know she was a girl, I just turned to Joe and said, "Oh boy! We're having another girl!" He just laughed and said, "No it's not 'Oh boy!' It's Oh Girl! We're having a girl." Haha corny joke honey but I still love you! Half way through the ultrasound when we had confirmed the gender for like the millionth time I turned to Joe and said, "Sorry, maybe we'll get a boy next time." He just shook his head and said, "Why are you sorry? I love my girls." Aww! Totally melted my heart.
I loved our ultrasound tech. She was really great at explaining what was on the screen or what she was measuring or looking for. She played around with the 3d ultrasound so that we could see her sweet little face and body. We never felt rushed or like we were asking a stupid question. It was a really great experience.
We brought Claire along to the ultrasound and even she could make out the little images on the screen. She kept pointing and shouting, "Baby! Baby, Dad!" She will be a great big sister. It just feels so right to be welcoming another baby girl into our home. I can't wait to buy them matching outfits and see them together as sisters. In the words of my husband, I love my girls! I am so excited for this baby to get here. I already pulled out Claire's old baby clothes to see what we need to get. These girls are on completely different season tracks. I have a ton of newborn and 0-3 clothes but they are all really summery. Baby girl is going to need fall/winter clothes because her due date is at the end of September. But other than a few baby clothes everything else is pretty much ready. It's amazing how much easier it is to prepare for the second baby, especially when they are the same gender. And lets just say that I am so relieved that I don't have to change Claire's room to accommodate a boy! Ha I was not looking forward to changing a lot of stuff in there. Thank goodness it's a girl! |
No comments:
Post a Comment