Oh golly, this pregnancy has been going by so fast! I am 18 weeks today, almost half way. Crazy.
| 16 weeks...not the most flattering picture but there you go! :) |
I forgot how much I LOVE being pregnant. Sure, it's not fun being sick all the time. It gets old feeling nauseous all day and dealing with headaches/migraines and not being able to keep food down. It's hard and I'm sure that I complain about it more than is necessary. But there is something so special about watching your belly grow and feeling that baby move for the first time that makes all of it worth it. I love that for 9 months that baby is all mine. No one else can hold it, just me.
At the beginning of this pregnancy I kept asking Joe, "What were we thinking?! Being pregnant sucks!" Most of the time he would just shrug his shoulders and wonder why himself. I was so sick for the first little while that it felt like I was going to be miserable forever. But over time I learned to cope with the sickness just like I did when I was pregnant with Claire. Most days my little Claire Bear was the only thing keeping me going. She would do something funny, cute, or sweet and it would answer my question why. SHE is why I am doing this again. It's because we have this beautiful baby girl that I wanted to try for another. I love her for that. She has been so sweet, helpful, and patient with me this pregnancy. I know she will be an amazing big sister.
Now, I am feeling much better. I still feel nauseous and throw up occasionally. This pregnancy is so similar to Claire's that I can't help but think it's another girl. :) Every time I think about Claire having a sister I tear up. I have two amazing big sisters and hope that if it is a girl they have an amazing relationship together like I do with my sisters. Truthfully, I don't care if we have a boy (brothers are pretty awesome too!) or a girl but I have a feeling it's a girl. We will find out for sure on the 29th (just one week away) and I can hardly wait! We have a girl name picked out but are still struggling with boy names.
I've been nesting since about 10 weeks. I feel this urge to have everything ready for the baby RIGHT NOW! Ha! It's driving Joe nuts. I have been going through everything we own and most days I feel like we just own too much stuff. I joked with Joe that I was going to put a sign outside our apartment that says, "Clearance Sale! Everything must go!!!"' He didn't think that was very funny. But seriously, these little babies take up more space than you give them credit for. I need to make room for all the baby stuff, right?
I thought I would do a little break down of the details and comparison from my pregnancy with Claire and this baby:
Little baby:
Got pregnant within 3 months.
Found out I was pregnant on January 15th. I was almost five weeks at that point.
Started getting sick the day after we found out and have been that way ever since.
I am still taking zofran every eight hours to help with nausea and I take half a unisom with a b6 vitamin at night to help me sleep. For a few weeks I would wake up every half hour to throw up. I was borderline dehydrated (and beyond exhausted) to the point I almost went to the hospital. But unisom has seriously been a lifesaver. It helps with the nausea and keeps me asleep so I don't have any late night episodes.
I haven't gained any weight, just lost 15 pounds.
I am due on September 19th. Praying that I go into labor either on a weekend or a week early because Joe starts a new semester the same week I'm due! Ha! Great planning, huh?
Felt the baby move for the first time around 15 weeks and boy is it a wiggler! But I love it! Feeling those little kicks and jabs are one of my favorite things about pregnancy.
So far I love being pregnant during the spring/summer time. I love getting the fresh air and the extra vitamin d helps a lot to lift my mood.
Claire Bear:
Took us 9 months of trying for this little angel.
Found out I was pregnant on October 3, 2010. It was Sunday morning of General Conference.
Started getting sick about a week after and threw up everyday until the day after she was born. That's right, I threw up through labor and a little bit after I had her. But eventually it ended. ;)
I took zofran when pregnant with Claire too. It was the only thing that helped.
I lost 25 pounds when pregnant with Claire and gained back about 10 pounds.
I was due June 11, 2011 and went into labor June 14 at 4 am. She was born 36 hours later on June 15. (hopefully my labor this time around will be MUCH shorter. ;))
I felt Claire move for the first time around 18 weeks.
I was pregnant through most of the winter and it was not fun being trapped inside all the time. :)
I felt Claire move for the first time around 18 weeks.
I was pregnant through most of the winter and it was not fun being trapped inside all the time. :)
Now, I'm just anxious find out if this little baby is a girl or a boy. Just one more week! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment