I realized the other day that a lot of my posts lately have been about Claire. (Do you blame me though? She's pretty darn cute!) So I thought that I would update the blog with a post about all three of us. :)
Joe has been super busy this semester with a full load of classes and working full time. He was recently called to be Deacons Quorum Adviser so he has weekly mutual and lessons to plan on top of everything else. Honestly, I don't know how he does it. He works, goes to school, fulfills his calling, and somehow still finds time for Claire and me. He's pretty much amazing! And just to add to his amazing-ness, we found out just a few weeks ago that he won the Springhill Suites Associate of the Year Award! He was so surprised and excited! He didn't think that he even had a chance at winning due to the fact that Marriott only chooses two winners out of 300 hotels world wide. He will be receiving an award (I don't know if it's a plaque or trophy but I'll post pics when he gets it) and possibly a bonus. They threw a party for him at the hotel and the owners of the hotel and a few of their managers took us out for a fancy dinner. It was fun to celebrate his accomplishment and be able to tell him how proud I am of him! He works so hard and I am so glad that they recognize how much effort he puts into his job! The best part about him winning this award though is how great it will look on his resume! It's prestigious enough that it guarantees job security with future employers and with the Marriott if he chose to permanently remain the company. All throughout the dinner they kept begging him to stay with the company and offering him consulting jobs. But they also let him know if he chose to leave and ever wanted to come back they would definitely make room for him. So needless to say, I am very proud of my husband!!! And we are all very excited that this semester is almost over! Only two weeks left of school and then it's summer time!!!
I am still loving my job as a stay-at-home mom. :) Claire definitely keeps things interesting and fun around here! Most of my days are filled with cleaning, cooking, and taking care of Claire. Since Joe is gone most days from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. I have to make sure that both his lunch and dinner is ready for him when he comes home at 2 to change clothes for work. We are SO ready for this semester to be over! Claire and I have been stuck in the house since January because Joe always has the car and going on walks has not been an option because our lane has either been super icy or muddy. I am excited to have the car every once in a while and we are excited to go on walks now that the weather is turning nice. And of course we are super excited to see Joe more than just half an hour a day! :)
I have also been keeping up with my new diet program! I am proud to say that I have completed three weeks and I have not cheated once! The hardest thing for me is trying to find time to work out but I have a routine down now and I work out for at least an hour, five times a week during Claire's morning nap. Now that spring is on it's way I am looking forward to working out outside while Claire is awake so that I can reserve her naps for cleaning or for some "me time". But I still feel GREAT and I can see a lot of changes in my body. I'm not so tired all the time, my body doesn't crave carbs anymore, and I have not had one headache since starting this diet! That is huge because ever since I got pregnant with Claire I had a headache every day! And some days it would escalate into a migraine. No fun! I don't want to weigh myself until I hit the one month mark (which is a little less than a week!) so I don't know how much I weigh BUT I did try on my goal shorts and I could slide them on just not button them. But I am getting closer! Three weeks ago I couldn't even pull them over my hips so I am extremely happy with those results!
I don't have before and after pics but this picture was taken back at Thanksgiving.
And this pic was taken just a few days ago...you can definitely see the change in my face!
As for our little Claire Bear, she is figuring out how to move around and is still a little chatter box! She just turned 9 months so I have a separate post coming up soon all about our favorite little girl!
We are all super excited for the summer to come! Last summer I was pregnant and then we had a newborn to worry about so we didn't do much. But we have all sorts of fun activities planned for our family this year! Some of our plans include:
- Celebrating Easter with all the Aunts, Uncles, Grandma, and cousins at Aunt Kay and Uncle Rex's home in Utah! We will be staying with them for a three day weekend!
- Claire will be flying for the first time in May cuz we are going to New Jersey! We will be staying there for a week and will even get to tour Washington D.C. and New York! But we are more excited to see Joe's two sweet sisters and this amazing Grandma!
- We plan on spending a lot of time swimming cuz I need a tan and Claire Bear is definitely a water baby. So you can find us either at Rigby Lake or Rexburg Rapids and probably our back yard where we will have a baby pool. Anyone is more than welcome to join us! :)
- We are excited to enjoy all the outdoor activities that come along with summer. Lots of walks are in store, petting the animals along the way, playing with the swing in the front yard, barbequing on the grill, picnics, and family parties!
- And most exciting of all- Claire's FIRST birthday! It's hard to believe that she will be ONE in June!
This winter has been kind of long and boring for us but this summer looks like it will be fun and eventful!
No comments:
Post a Comment