Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Break

Our little Christmas baby! Santa was VERY good to her this year! :)

We had a really great Christmas break this year. It was low key but we still had fun visiting with family and enjoying our first Christmas with Claire Bear. Joe finished his semester at school on the 15th and then continued to work through the weekend because he took three days off for the following week so that I could get my wisdom teeth out. They had really been bothering me with headaches every day for the past 4 months and swollen gums so we decided to go ahead and have them removed while Joe was out of school. On the 19th I got all four of my wisdom teeth out. It took a little over two hours for my dentist to remove them because I had had them since I was 16 and the two bottom teeth had grown into my jaw bone. So they had to cut those into quarters to get them out. I only had one complication and that was with my left bottom tooth. When my dentist had pulled it out a root was left behind and had to be cut out and stitched up. But other than that everything went great. I had been sedated for it (I got two doses of sedation because the first one didn't work) and Joe told me that when we were driving home I was complaining that the sedation didn't work at all and proceeded to tell him exactly how and in what order they had removed my teeth. Haha yeah, the sedation worked pretty good because I only remember them removing the first one and hardly remember anything later that night. So Joe spent the rest of the week helping me with Claire while I healed up.

Later that week Levi and my dad arrived from Georgia. They arrived on the 22nd but I didn't see them until the next day due to the fact that I had developed a dry socket in my left tooth. My dentist is seriously the most amazing dentist on the planet because he gave me his home and cell number because the office was going to be closed for the holidays. I called him pretty late at night and he was still so caring and was only concerned for the fact that I couldn't meet him that night to get it packed with medicine. So he opened the office for me first thing in the morning and called me several times over the break to make sure that I was doing ok. Seriously, he's amazing!

Anyways, I spent the next day with my dad and Levi. My dad took Joe, Adam, Levi, and me to see the new Mission Impossible and then later that night he took all of us kids out to dinner at Pizza Pie Cafe. On Christmas Eve we spent the day cooking and getting ready for the family to come over for dinner and open gifts. We had a great time just hanging out, playing games, and watching Claire and Sammy interact (Claire loves him but Sammy doesn't really know what to think of all her noise! :)). We opened our gifts from each other, opened the pajamas for the babies, and ended the party pretty early so that the babies could go down for bed.

Claire opening her pajamas

Playing with GG and her baby doll

Opening her gift from Allie

She loves the book that Allie got for her!

Christmas day was very low key for our little family. Joe had to work that morning from 7-3 and I was planning on going to Church but ended up staying home instead since my dry socket was still pretty bad and the dentist told me to rest and take it easy. So Claire and I watched Christmas movies and had a pretty normal day until Joe got home. Once he came home we opened gifts and had a blast watching Claire rip the wrapping paper off her toys. She LOVED it and we didn't even really have to show her what to do.

All the presents under the tree. Most of them were for Claire because Joe and I got a joint gift this year which will be arriving next week! ;)


Claire on Christmas morning!

Opening gifts!






Playing with her toys! :)



Our little family!

We skyped with family and talked to some family on the phone. My dad stopped by to give us a gift and we relaxed most of the day watching movies and playing with Claire. It was a very quiet Christmas but very enjoyable! We hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my your little girl is ADORABLE! Glad you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Layla! Hope that you guys had a great Christmas as well!

    ReplyDelete