Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's Go Time!

Today is my due date! And according to my pregnancy countdown on the right of my blog, it's go time! Ha I don't think Claire got the memo. I think she's decided she's pretty comfortable in there and I've decided I'm ok with waiting. Not thrilled about it but I'm ok with it.

I can honestly say that earlier this week I was NOT ok with waiting any longer. I wanted her out and I wanted her out now! But after my amazing husband gave me a blessing I feel much more relaxed and calm. I wish that was the case with Joe, the longer we have to wait the more antsy he gets. I think he's just a little over excited! :) I just keep reminding him that she will be here before the end of the month! I know it helps me to know that there is an end to being pregnant.

At our last doctor's appointment they told me that I am now dilated to 1 cm. Thank goodness! I was so worried that there would be no progress because I have had no contractions during the last week. At 37 weeks they were telling me she could come any day because of the contractions I was having but when week 38 rolled around I was only effaced 50% and then only 70% the next week. So now I know that just because I can't feel the progress, there is still progress going on. And since Claire is measuring slightly smaller than average they will not induce me until after the 25th. So I'm just going to sit back and relax and wait for this little girl to come out and greet us. :)

Here's some pics to show how big she's gotten:
This is 38 weeks...

And this was taken today at exactly 40 weeks!
I'm hoping she comes soon cuz I don't want to get much bigger than this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment